Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yaaradi Nee Mohini ~~~ Mohini pisasu!!!

It was perdition, but why..? Coz I lied to my Mom that I will be moving out to work with my friends on our Project Report. Since theaters were closed on 4th due to interstate chaos, we had decided to watch the movie 'Yaaradi Nee Mohini' yesterday. Within half an hour we understood we weren't in a theatre, it was hell and I was choking. The hero(Dhanush) fails to make it into any interviews. Scoldings from father Raghuvaran(he passed away few weeks back, I really wished this great baddie and character actor on the big screen could have ended up with some character in a worth-mentioning flick). Now hero meets heroine(Nayanthara), falls in love(I wasn't irritated coz it was very much obvious...) Our lead lady is a project manager in a software firm. Our hero applies and also gets through, in the GD round namba hero speaks in Tamil(!). I didn't know in a day's time a project can be done. Hmm...our hero does that too for our heroine. They move to Australia for a project(enna koduma pa idhu...) They do almost everything other than project work. At last the usual blockbuster scene of most of the romantic flicks came, ' Hero proposes, heroine disposes'. What made me gasp, was the reason she said, ' Our family is very conservative, what you are seeing now is not the real me and now get out of my life as I am already engaged'. The most stupid thing in the movie was to kill Raghuvaran(till that time I was watching the movie only for him). He dies of heart attack seeing his son sad about his lost love. After this, the hero's friend played by Karthik( Suchitra's hubby...yet another bad characterization) takes our dismayed hero to his native place 'a village'. To make things worser, Karthik is engaged to our heroine (hehe...orre bulb namba heroku) Now it's every person's guess, the rest of the story, how the hero captures the heart of the heroine and her family members. I don't know how to pen about this movie anymore, it isn't easy to scrap about crap . I tried getting out of the theatre in the middle, but I had parked my scooty in the last row, the man in the parking area told me that I will have to wait until the movie gets over and others take their vehicle. Scorching sun outside, choking film inside. I went inside to watch the rest of the drama. Dhanush and Nayanthara hugging tight and poor Karthik watching over in a fix. I said to Akhi, 'The charring sun was ton times better di'. I wont tell anyone the climax, it's very very special:D. ' Naam petra thunbam vayakamum perave'. What I couldn't comprehend was 'what was that special thing in the script that made the actors sign for it?' Usually the director will have a concept in mind and buld the story on that. In this movie there was neither concept nor story only madness. In Rajeev Masand's words, the movie is dump, gooselike, disgusting and lacks even a bit of life. A big thumbs down to the director for making the viewers feel sick:(:(

5 comments:

Sathya said...

thank god..was plannin to go..grt escape... :D

Kannan A said...

tanq for saving me too :)
anyway I heard a different opinion from the boyz side

Sowmya said...

u even spend to watch dhanush??
even if it is just spening ur time

tamana said...

Sometimes dumb movies hav also turned good in theatres whn I go with a gang of frnds... n heard the trailer was good n moreover the thrill to watch the movie first day first show....all proved to be wrong..:(

Sowmya said...

thats what u get for not inviting me to go along with u!! :D