Thursday, April 10, 2008

Syllabus book, Slam Book and Scribble Pad

A final project review tomorrow and in the month end three final sem papers, everything gets over by May 8th. College life at it's fag end. I was looking at my syllabus book. When you look at slam book you remember your friends. But when you look at your syllabus book, you remember your teachers and yaa few papers which were nightmares(thr was a time in school when I felt bad scoring in 80's, but now 50 is the target, 36 external and 14 internal:) Unlike in school where I remember almost all my teachers, college the count is only about 2 or 3. Latha mam she handled 3 subjects for us, PCD, OOAD and HSN. ' Ramya na chetta, chetta na ramya...' I gotta hear these lines almost every day. I have tried to look innocent and explain her many times, yours is the only class I listen to. Guess what she told, when I said that, ' Not just my class, I found you talking incessantly in Data Warehousing class too, Why don't you think about the teacher who is taking class?' I wished I could say, Oh Mam when I am sleeping and falling on the bench, how could I think about you? Mam does her homework perfectly, but she expects the same from us:) Never mind, she is such a sweetheart, she is the first person who will come to help voluntarily. Such a soft and soothing voice she has got. Be it advising or scolding, I don't hear the words, it's jut the BGM:):) Then yaa Vinodh sir, he is our hero. During practical exams if he spots us sad and scratching our head, he will come either correct the mistake in the program or put Output Verified...hehehe. My practical papers wouldn't have been that easy without him. I haven't got the autograph and words of wisdom from my teachers. Will take my autograph book to collg tomorrow. I took my slam book next, made out that I wouldn't miss many. Me, Akhi, Divi and Uma, I haven't got that close to anybody else. Since Divi and Akhi will be along in TCS too( atleast during the training), Uma must be someone I will miss as she is into Infy. Uma is a bit techie and a big foodie:) We have asked her mom to get her married to some hotel owner. I needn't spend much when she is along, the smell of pizzas, cakes and her scooty will automatically stop. I was turning pgs in my slam book....Who else...? Siva, Sunny two good friends I made in college. Promises of staying connected through the phone and net. Guess I won't miss them much. Then I took my scribble pad, it's the book that has saved me many times. Keep scraping something and teachers would think you are writing notes. It has a big collection of quotes, film dialogs, middle lines of songs, some compeering stuff etc. When class really gets boring, many of us start writing our own kavidhais. Divi writes really good ones. I found few lines that I had written. Some scrap nothing upto the mark.

This was during an AI hour:

' Kadhalargaluku kann pesum varthaigal purigiridhaam,
Aanal ennamo Manavargaluku Aasiriyargalin vaai pesum
varthaigal purivadhe illay!!!! '

This one during Cryptography hour:

'Yein boardil ulavay edhuvum vilangave ilay,
Naduthuvadha cryptology enbadhanala..??'

And yaa there was one of this favorite quote of Robert Frost

'Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence'.

:) :) :)


1 comment:

Sowmya said...

I dint buy a slam book for college,neithr did i fill anyone's except for my address,mail id n phone no.dont ask why..i dont know!
but i still have the school one..i took it to college and wud sometimes laugh at the song lines u had written all over, i guess it was krithiga who filled it with 'jigna',and she had written more abt surya than abt me!!