Friday, April 4, 2008

Techbit

Few days back I received a mail from one of my friends. Yesterday made a small search on dat, but couldn't find any pertinent answer.

The matter is if you add a '+' followed by any words into your id or add dots anywhere in between your id, you can still get mails in your original inbox?

For eg: My gmail id is tamana.ramya@gmail.com

But if you send a mail to either 'tam.ana.ramya@gmail.com' (or) 'tamana.ramya+rums@gmail.com' , still the mail comes to my original inbox.

Yaa it's not a problem and it's also fine when people by mistake type your id wrong. But then you have the address book too, so thats not much likely. Do try it out and if you people have an idea about this do comment.

5 comments:

Kannan A said...

Answer could be found here
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/09/gmail-easter-eggs-dot-blindess-email.html

tamana said...

Thanx.

tamana said...

This is sort of cool...I hav never made use of labels and filters in my account till now...But now I can make use of it, use filter if u want to spam sm mails and thn put them under a suitable label...good.

Sowmya said...

never used labels? :O
now putting ur gmail id on public is another attempt to increase popularity among guys isnt it? ?? ;)

tamana said...

Increasing popularity, Hmm...blogs are the hardest way dear, I know better tactics than that...N hey its been few mths that I hav made my mail id open to all in my blogger profile itself....till nw no proposals or spams, I guess ppl hav better work.