Friday, April 4, 2008

To My Friend

Down but not out... Sometimes in life it's important to be like Dravid 65 out of 200balls, to stay on the crease even if you are not performing. What is important in the long run is holding together and retaining your shape. You guys must be wondering what is she about to say..? One can turn philosophical when they are sad or when they have had a breakthrough. My situation is a kind of both. You should never become emotional when the outcome from an incident is a phenomenal realization. My best friend Akhi used to tell me many times, 'In this world you can't afford to make everybody happy everytime'. Ya my dearest Akhi, she learns from others mistakes. But some like me are Patta Dhaan Thirunduvein type (learn from your own mistakes). But let me tell you there are still others in the world, 'Pattutum thirandhadha type'(they keep committing mistakes). For those remember this life of yours isn't meant for that, neither is this world a place for that. You can't expect solace each time, the soon you learn the better. My friend asked me ' I just asked you to support me, to console me when I was sad'. For the first time in my life I replied ' No friend, you can't expect me to console and be along with you every time'. There ended our friendship. I had too say that coz misunderstandings and silly fights were increasing each day between us. What I said might be wrong, but sometimes when expectations start increasing you gotta choose to be a bit harsh. Expectations even if it is word of comfort can cost you high sometimes. Coz in this world where tomorrow is very much unkown, how can you afford to promise, how can you give dreams of hope to someone...? These words DREAMS, HOPE, EXPECTATIONS, INSPIRATION are those that one should search in oneself and not in others. If you lookup inside yourself, you will surely find millions of answers. THE REAL HELP COMES FROM INSIDE YOU. Not told by me, it is the words from yesterday's, today's and beyond doubt from even tomorrow's achievers. When you look back at your life, you will realize the same. I know my friend is going to soar heights. Will understand then, what I told wasn't the wrong thing to say at that time.

1 comment:

Sowmya said...

been there..done it..blah blah blah blah blah!!!

now go n check mine n comment!!