Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Born Vs Brought Up -> it's a tie!!!

This time when I went to kerala, I had to travel quite a bit, it takes approx 2 hrs from Mom's house to Dad's. Mom's is in Mallapuram district and Dad's in Palghat. In Kerala though it rains often there is no water logging anywhere; if it takes 1 hr to reach a particular place in Chennai , the same place can be reached in half an hr time if you choose kerala roads. I love both Chennai and Kerala equally. One day when I asked my cousin sis about the districts in Kerala, she named all of them in no time. Ya it's quite easy, there are not many. But if she had asked the same question back, I would have named only very few. So thought when I am back home, I will make a note of all the districts in TN. Just FMK and yaa it's fun.

I picked the pics n names directly from Google wiki:)

Birth place:
KERALA:

My mom's house is in a beautiful place
'Angadipuram' in mallapuram district. It's a well- off city.
The famous Bhagavathi temple, a beautiful railway station( movie shootings happen too), the Chengara Heritage hotel( my Bro gave us all a treat there on his first salary) It's a 'tharavadu' turned into a hotel. Thr is an upcoming amusement park in mallapuram(Kotakunnu amusement park). This time 8 of us, my cousins, their cousins, sm 8 of us had wonderful time there. On the way to Palakkad is a beautiful place called 'Thiruvazhiyode', my Dad's place, I become a 11 yr old gal when I go there. Only till that age I had the blessing of going there with my Dad. It's fields all the way, the flora and fauna, God's own place. Very near is Akhi's house Katampazhipuram.Then my Vellyamma's(Mom's big sis) house dats in Palakkad. On the way to Thrisur is the famous 'Guruvayor temple'. This time got lockets and chains of Krishna for Divi n Uma. Ernakulam, my fav place, one of Asia's well known theme park 'Veega Land', been there twice;once with my cousins and then during our final yr tour. Thiruvanthapuram is the capital, I haven't been there.


My Brought Up:
TAMILNADU:

  1. Chennai District
  2. Coimbatore District
  3. Cuddalore District
  4. Dharmapuri District
  5. Dindigul District
  6. Erode District
  7. Kanchipuram District
  8. Kanyakumari District
  9. Karur District
  10. Krishnagiri District
  11. Madurai District
  12. Nagapattinam District
  13. Namakkal District
  14. Nilgiris District
  15. Perambalur District
  16. Pudukkottai District
  17. Ramanathapuram District
  18. Salem District
  19. Sivaganga District
  20. Thanjavur District
  21. Theni District
  22. Thoothukudi District
  23. Tiruchirapalli District
  24. Tirunelveli District
  25. Tiruvallur District
  26. Tiruvannamalai District
  27. Tiruvarur District
  28. Vellore District
  29. Viluppuram District
  30. Virudhunagar District
  31. Ariyalur District
  32. Tirupur District


I have never gone out of Chennai. A house bird most of the time. Even in Chennai haven't visited all places. Might be coz Chennai is a metropolis and also that I don't have any relatives out here. Oh but I have heard from friends about the beautiful locations in Villipuram,Theni etc. I have decided to tell Mom to avail for LFC next time and explore these places.

5 comments:

Sowmya said...

ithuku directa wiki link a ye kuduthu irukalaam :P
However it is indeed ture,that even i know very less about TN!

Sowmya said...

N btw it is "i don't have relatives here" ain't is short for "am not".

tamana said...

changed..:D

arunsubru said...

India is truly a great place with lots of diversity and is a unique place in the world. Even after the terror attacks in india and the the economic melt down india tourism industry has performed well. I am person who is closely watching the trends and developments in India tourism and always enthusiastic to know more about India. You can follow my updates on @india_tourism in twitter or in my india travel blog.

quraishie said...

Itz pretty nice to read about my hometown in a blog. I too belongs to Malapuram. But you forgot to mention the amazing train travel from Angadipuram to Nilambur. Do you ever had such an experience ?
It is really a mind blowing experience for a true nature lover yaar..