Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Coiffure and Courage

Boycut hairdo is something that catches my attention.  I can reckon easily  'Meg Ryan' in You've got mail ,'Sagarika Ghosh' of CNN-IBN and 'Priyanka Gandhi' who spot the pixie cut. Though meaningless, I somehow feel girls with this boyish haircut are dauntless. Of late 'Mamta Mohandas' , South Indian actress and singer has also become a favorite. I remember seeing her in a few films but took notice only when I saw her in Asiavision awards with a superb boycut. She went on to sing 'Kizhaku pookum' song from her Malayalam flick Anwar. And today I happened to read an interview of hers in Cinema Plus-Hindu. She has battled cancer and she had to cut her hair off for chemotherapy. She says ' I would work eight days in two weeks and then go for a chemo. It was tough'. With an air of optimism and courage she tells ' I will focus on my work so that I could be heard better in future. I need to be more powerful to make a difference. And yaa the haircut, I always like a new hairdo'. Now that goes for a toast Mamta, for your coiffure and courage. 




1 comment:

Sathya said...

Evan nandita had a boyish hairdo for provoked! :) And arundati roy,too.