Saturday, June 27, 2009

Possessions

Material or personal, we all have possessions. Somethings that we can't give up for anything. Remember as kids that one special toy or that nipple of our feeding bottle that we would untiringly cry for until we get it back. It can be a pricey material possession like a Benz or as invaluable as your self-esteem. 

I was thinking of mine. 

My diary, for no special rhyme or reason. But that is exactly what comes to my mind first.

My best friend's friendship day letter, 12th std. I never knew someone could love me so much till then. 

The earings that Mom gifted me after my 12th standard result. It's a very small 'bunch of grapes' hangings. I am wearing it right from my day one in college and remove it seldom. I like it so much that I wouldn't exchange it for a diamond earing or be it anything:)

My Dad's memories though very few.

A big teddy that a friend gifted on my birthday, final year.

My fast track watch(planning to buy another one) and my Samsonite backpack. I feel like a princess when I wear them. Might be coz they are the only branded items I own. But they have made me feel 'Quality speaks even after the price is forgotten'.

That's quite a few I am able to think of in a matter of minutes. What are yours.? 


4 comments:

Sowmya said...

couple of chocolate wrappers.
a coffee bean(or something that looks like it)given by someone
very important.
my ring gifted my mom after i passed class 10.havent removed them for a day after that.
a broken CD of photographs. the cd doesnt work anymore! sigh.
n of course,my ego,my narcissism yada yada yada

Sathya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sathya said...

My possessions will sound crazy ..lol..As you know,it's that GB bunch of images..the hard drive stuff.. And my heart,my soul,my pet and that's my Sony Ericsson Mobile (it's just too close to heart)..AR's t-shirt..Wall posters in my room..

Apart from the materials, my fav possession is my soul.. ;)

Minu Mohan said...

First cums in mind is my diary, of course.
couple of books & few DVD's & i make it a point i carry it where ever i go.
crisp folds of my very own 'oxford' dictionary from primary school.
quite a number of greeting cards that i bought & never sent.
an encircled heart locket frm bro tat i haven't removed till now.
And yeah de sweet dream of my luv i carry it in my heart.
Many more but these r de valued possessions of mine. :)