Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Recent Fav Ad!!!

Yesterday while remoting(in my lang switching TV channels:) I chanced upon the new Horlicks Ad. Yippee, it was Women's Horlicks. I had gifted my Mom a Ganesh sculpt and a combo of Women's Horlicks and Calcium Sandoz Woman on this Women's day. I forgot to pen about that special day. It so happened that we exchanged gifts as my Mom on the same day brought me 3 salwars . Respecting the woman in each other, the uncle in Prithvi stores says we make best Mom-Daughter... a resounding YES from both of us. These days I feel like am getting more knitted to Mom and Bro than friends. Dunno why...? Hmm...then yaa, commercials always catch my eye. There was a time, not long back( just few months b4) when I was tattling about preparing for the upcoming CAT exam and I also was keen about my area of interest, it would be 'Advertising'. Now the plan has got indefinitely deferred. Sometimes I think how fickle I am, can't stick on to one thing. Bina classes, bina preps chod diya...few days was worried, now eyed on something else:) But chalo it's ok, dats how I AM. So back to TV, it sometimes is boring to watch the same old models in commercials. Many of them whom we later get to see in Kollywood. But if they are my favorites then huyi na baath. I love commercials of HSBC banks, Vodafone and Airtel(whoopee...ARR). There is lots of creativity involved. The HSBC ad where the mother fixes up the daughters rived jeans and another one where the mother throws out a caterpillar found in the vegetables and the boy takes and safely keeps it in a bottle, the world's local bank(cool one!!). The recent Vodafone ' Valentines Ad' reviving the beautiful song 'Pehla Nasha'. The recent Motorola ad, the father starts scolding and the son keeps the music on. The Virgin mobile ads are not bad. Guess they should come up with something more innovative. Then ya the funny Chloromint and Sprite ads. N hey when it comes to ads, I have my dearies, the ever-beautiful Kajol, dashing Hrithik, and ofcourse the King Khan. My recent two favorite commercials is the Coca Cola one endorsed by Hrithik(Waqt na ruktha hain, aaj hi tu jashan mana ley; Time doesn't stand still, so today itself celebrate spring). Hrithik is always in in vogue. N what surprised me was my favorite actor's entry to the Ad World. Konkana Sen, I have admired her acting talent and simplicity in many of the flicks (Mr. and Mrs Iyer, Page3, Chunari Main Laga Dhaag, Life In A Metro...) It was a nice and a simple ad, the Woman who prepares a ' Things To Do list' every morning and recognizes that she has forgotten to include her needs in the big list. The New Women's horlicks ' BCoz Your Body Needs You Too'...Mast!!!

3 comments:

Sowmya said...

u missed the recent Bajaj ad with brilliant bike stunts!Excellent background score to keep in pace with the video.."Distinctly Ahead!!"
And someone seems to have spent quite sometime with the page elements :)

Sathya said...

yep!!ultra cool ad...

pulsar mania is the best among the recent ad's..esp for guys ,they would love em...

Yu are making yo blog more colorful with the page elements!!!

tamana said...

@somu n sathya
I watched the ad only today. I loved the BGM. I remembered my bro,he wanted a pulsar badly but mom got him only a splendor. Now he is talking of sports n racing bikes...lolzzz