Saturday, February 16, 2008

Back To The Fore.

Created a blog, wrote an article, and left it there. After reading a friend's blog yesterday, made up my mind to resume writing. Writing has always been a passion, and ya I have also been penning some movie reviews of late. But then now I have chosen not to be complacent with just that, I would like to share something about me too. I have the habit of writing diaries but I don't maintain them properly. Think blog will be a better option. An album which I can touch on, and turn pages in the future. Something that can remind me of both the bouquets and brickbats I received.

I will kick off today itself. If you have observed my blog url, or my gmail id, I am sure you will be wondering whether I am 'Ramya' or 'Tamana'. Then here is the answer I am Ramya, and Tamana is a nick name or should I say it's a pen name I chose to have. First let me tell you, I already had the gmail id 'tamana.ramya@gmail.com' even before a heroine called tamana(of Kallori fame) hit Kollywood screens. Some of my dear friends have taken it for granted that I chose this name coz I feel I am as gorgeous as that heroine. Here I go, I have no such feeling that I am the most sought out female, so plz:) Actually it was long back, when the film 'Phir Milenge' starring Shilpa Shetty, Revathi, Abhishek Bachchan, Nazir released. It was supposed to be an AIDS awareness movie, and Shilpa Shetty played the character of an ' HIV affected' in the name tamana. I loved the character a lot. The movie is definitely one of my all time favorites. Tamana, the word means ' HOPE' in hindi. From then on, I am sort of hooked to this name. And now to such an extend that, in future if I give birth to a baby-girl I have decided to name her 'tamana':) I guess this would have given you a glimpse of ' what a crazy gal I am'. More about all my colors in the coming posts. Stay tuned!!

3 comments:

Sowmya said...

i havent watched kalloori.Yet i am glad u dint chose the name from some stupid movie!!!

Sathya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sathya said...

Dats great 2 hear..Tamana=hope..even i was wondering why you had two names..atlast got ma doubts cleared..

one short stanza about tamana: ;)

Tamana is hope;
Hope she continues to hope that her hope keeps others' hope going;

Hope for the best in the near future!:)