Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pgs From My Diary - Dated June 20th ' 08

It's 5 mins past 11. ' Oru aayiram paarvayile, un paarvayai naan ariven...' Hello fm. Past few days I have resumed listening to the radio between 10-1, esp Radio Mirchi; Mokkai Nights & Kadhala Kadhala. I was wondering What is it like to become an RJ esp during night time. Who would listen to you...ppl having night shifts, car/taxi/lorry drivers, the road corner pani puri shops, owls & yaa ppl like me who have slept most of the day time and now the eyelids are tired of resting anymore! Oh ya I remember during the reconstruction of my neighbour's house, the workers after a tired day would switch on the radio. It appeared to me like they forget their physical pain and have a peaceful sleep. Their meaning of music is different. Thanks to radio sets which come at affordable prices. ' Neer kulle muzhiginaalum needhi sagadha, nenju kule vaazhum engal jodi saagadha...' Kalai maatum kandaal kaduvul theriyadha from Dasavatharam. Rangarajan Nambi role, the first half an hour is a must watch. Kamal's acting, cinematography, art direction, song every piece of that first few mins in the movie is damn good.

In Kadhala Kadhala, Dr. Love has taken the topic of self love today...the last 2 days the topics were interesting ,office love, celebrity crushes! Today it's boring. ' Loving yourself' , I recall Suresh Punjabi's session in 3rd year. It was a soft skills training pgm for 2 days in collg to equip us for placement at the end of the year. At the close of the first day training, Suresh sir had asked us to write a Love letter to ourselves! To show how important self love is. Dat was the first and last love letter I have written. It's safe in my desk along with another precious letter given by Akhi on Friendship day 12th std. 'un punnagai naan semikindra selvam adi, nee illai endrral naanum inge ezhai adi...' kannukule unnai veithein. I like the lyrics and the innocence PrabhuDeva displays in the song. I prefer listening to the radio n switching channels to my saved Fav playlists in my comp. Vow! Another fav number from one of the worst movies I have seen ever. The song ' Ven megam pen agaa uruvaanadho...' music is by Yuvan from yaaradi nee mohini...' kanmudi orr orum naan saygirein, kanneril anandham naan kaangirein...' Hariharn is such a consummate singer, so much feel in the song...

Uma has said she would come home tomorrow, we girls are so much bored...the hols seem never-ending with no idea of when the company would call...I turn back few pgs , dated 1/6/08, I had prepared a check list of things I should do this summer...Haha..." I have 100% belief that I would do something tomorrow which I had totally ignored today". Am I stupid or optimistic..? I don't know but this much I am sure I love myself a lot. Eppayadhum urupuduvein..:) This belief keeps me going. I have been picking up some random blogs and reading these days. One was that of a gal who is so good in writing, her inditing style is so unique. But I haven't understood why does she take the nay side of things always. She seems to hate herself. From her old posts I could key out there was some love failure. She finds her blog to be her only solace, so I didn't want to comment anything. Really wish she finds love again in life. Ha, Oh ho sanam...Oh Ho, it's Dasa again. It's the Pop singer Kamal! The pairing between Kamal and Jaypradha was good, it would remind anyone of their Salangai Oli...Naadha Vinodhangal. It's 12.20...I am reminded of a friend who is kinda rough these days. I wish to give her a piece of my mind, but I feel she won't take it in the right sense and face-offs don't interest me. ' uravin perumai pirivil kandu, uyirin paadhi kuraindhein...' Azhage sugama un kobangal sugama. The violin piece is amazing. Divi and me had decided to learn guitar this hols, dunno whn..?

Dr. Love is telling something sensible finally. ' Do things that you love, for eg dressing up well & when ppl pass some good comments, you will feel good about yourself' dats quite true:-) Another beautiful thing to do is to openly tell ppl ' They look good/ beautiful/ handsome today ' you don't know, you might be unknowingly making someones day. Hello fm... 'Nilave ennidaam neringadhe, nee ninaikum edathil naan ilay...'dats a beautiful song. Old songs...day before I had chanced upon a tamil song review site. There was this post on " Polluted songs"...bloggers who are lyrics enthusiasts were ripping apart songs, entries of adulterated songs! The main target of one guy was Kannadasan, he was listing double meaning songs of the legend. Well, he got fitting replys from fellow bloggers. I was taken back when he sort of declared one of my fav songs to have vulgar lyrics. ' Senthazham poovil vanthadaum thendral...' from mullum malarum. The beauty of nature and subtle assumptions of nature as woman. I have loved the song so much. Another blogger commented ' Palam sillar ulam enna yen padaithaan andavan from the same song, must be Kannadasan knew there would be ppl like you who see everything in double meaning'...hehehe...I was so happy! Dr. Love signs off wishing the listeners a great weekend. The song is 'Alankuil, koovum reyil yavum isai agum ada kanna...'...Harini's classical touch. I remember Kirthi, in school days we used to sing together Harin's 'Manam Virumbuthe'... Kirthi knows each line by heart. The time is 1'o clock...Ha, his pic is the screensaver in my mob. My frnds call me crazy, but I don't bother...I still get glued to the chair when I see Vijay on screen nevertheless I have got tired of his humdrum roles in the past many flicks...Hmm...I have really liked this idea of writing my dairy listening to radio! Gudnite.

P.S. Net connection isn't stable in the night hours coz of low voltage otherwise I could have made a direct entry into the blog.

6 comments:

Sowmya said...

1. freakish co-incidence,i was reading ur blog and looks like u were reading mine
2.pass me the links of the blog u read,both the love-failure woman and the lyrics guy.
3.those songs do have double meaning,although i m curious wat the guy's interpretatin was.Also en vitu thotathil from gentleman has a suttle double meaning :)
4.by any chance am i the friend who is rough and u want to give a piece of ur mind (?!)

tamana said...

pollutable lyrics
Anbe anbe from jeans,ennavale..even these songs have sm lines like dat. But I hav never found it vulgar!
The love failure gal link was smthing i read a mth back, I don't remember. Why did u feel so, any guilty prick..? Anyways u r nt dat frnd..

Sowmya said...

Is there something to be guilty about ?

Anonymous said...

Collection of Actress Nayantara Photos and Videos ,Gallery, Wallpapers, Latest movies, only at http://www.nayantharamovies.com

Unknown said...

hey.. akka....( dats the tamil 4 elderly i believe.)..actully paid my visit to read the translation of kangal erandal...
then went curious... so packed my bags to dig into ur remnant thoughts frm the inside shelf.... i wonder why people dont conduct creative writing competetions at midnight!!... it ws a bliss to slide thru ur thoughts alongside pulsated fourier waves frm radio...
write a buk... u hav it in u ..
hey.. nd thanks a ton for the translation..
i am grandson of muttathu varkey.... malayalam novelist..
not that it makes a difference on me..
best of luck with life.... nd i bet my ( sry cant thnk of nythng!).. dat u wil start missing ur coll for everything , even the boredom it has gifted u sooner than u call ur first sick leave.. bye

tamana said...

Thanks George..